Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I see the pieces on your website in your Manhattan showroom today?
- Not all period pieces listed on our website are in our showroom. Our inventory is large and our showroom can’t house all those pieces at once, in addition to items that may have sold or are being restored.
- Can I view or purchase M|n Original designs in the shop?
- M|n Original pieces are entirely made to order, so we don’t have showroom floor models to view prior to placing an order. This is because the end result is a custom piece tailored to each specific client, unlike a showroom that sells manufactured designs to order.
- How do you transport pieces and what costs are involved?
- We use a private transportation handler for local deliveries, which we arrange through our showroom, taking the client’s schedule into consideration. For deliveries to areas outside this range, we typically use Plycon Vanlines, which has locations throughout the U.S. for blanket-wrap in-home deliveries. Costs vary, depending on the object and delivery location. Please contact us for more information.
- Do you offer discounts to the trade?
- We offer trade discounts on all period items and M|n Originals. We give trade discounts to architects, interior designers and decorators who can provide proper business identification such as a resale certificate or official business card. We quote net prices by request on a per-piece basis.
- Can I see how an item looks in my home before committing to buying it?
- We offer an on-approval delivery option, where for a short period of time, a client can see how one or more items look in the intended space to ensure a right fit and style for the project. This service is only for local residents, as we don’t ship out of New York City on approval.
- Do you restore furniture that wasn’t sold through your showroom to match its finish or a finish the customer requests?
- Yes. We restore most pieces a client already owns if they want the look and feel of our own restored pieces, or just the comfort of knowing that the end result will be of the highest professional level. We also reupholster pieces and fix those that may not need complete restoration.
- Can we buy a piece today and store it with you until we’re ready to install it?
- We can store items in our showroom for a short amount of time. If you need us to keep items for an extended period, we can safely store them in our secure storage facility for a nominal fee until delivery.
- How often do you get new items and do you have a warehouse of unrestored pieces?
- We receive new items almost daily and have a warehouse filled with pieces in original condition awaiting restoration. We do schedule appointment-only warehouse visits and periodically host warehouse sales. Please contact us for more information.
Chat with us live about any questions, concerns or problems you have regarding Modern Living Supplies. If Live Support is off, feel free to call, fax or email us.
Live Support is currently
Talk to us anytime (well, almost). We would love to help fulfill your every home design wish from start to finish.